WAGE ENHANCEMENT AND HOME CHILDCARE ENHANCEMENT GRANT
The Province of Ontario has recently introduced a new program intended to provide wage enhancement for program staff working in the Licensed Child Care Sector. In summary:
- 'Wage Enhancement' will support up to $ 2.00 per hour, plus 17.5% benefits, for Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECEs) and other Child Care Staff working in Licensed Child Care Centres.
- 'Home Child Care Enhancement Grant' will support an increase of up to $ 20.00 per day for Home Child Care Providers under contract with Licensed Home Child Care Agencies.
- The Province has committed $ 269 Million over 3 years to support its wage enhancement program across the Province of Ontario.
Enhanced compensation is intended to:
- Help 'close the gap' between compensation of RECEs working in School Board Kindergarten Classrooms compared to compensation of RECEs working in Licensed Child Care Programs.
- Help stabilize Licensed Child Care Programs by assisting Operators with staff retention
- Support greater employment and income security.
- Lanark County is responsible for managing implementation at the local level in accordance with recently released Provincial Guidelines and local Municipal Policy.
- It is up to Licensed Child Care Operators to apply for funding for all eligible staff positions.
Deadline has passed - Those whom have submitted applications will receive notice shortly
Application for Provincial Wage Enhancement Funding - Child Care Centres & Home Visitors (2018)
Provincial Home Child Care Enhancement Grant Application Instructions - Private Home Child Care Agency (2018)
Wage Enhancement Q and A's
Letter to Providers
Lanark County Children’s Services
99 Christie Lake Rd.
Phone: (613)267-4200 ext. 2303 or 2304