WAGE ENHANCEMENT AND HOME CHILDCARE ENHANCEMENT GRANT
The Province of Ontario funds this program which is intended to provide wage enhancement for program staff working in the Licensed Child Care Sector. In summary:
- Wage Enhancement will support up to $ 2.00 per hour, plus 17.5% benefits, for Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECEs) and other Child Care Staff working in Licensed Child Care Centres.
- Home Child Care Enhancement Grant will support an increase of up to $ 20.00 per day for Home Child Care Providers under contract with Licensed Home Child Care Agencies.
- 2020 Wage Caps
- Hourly wage for centre based staff $ 27.75
- Licensed home child care full time (6+hr/day) $277.50 in fees/day
- Licensed home child care part time (under 6hr/day) $166.50 in fees/day
Enhanced compensation is intended to:
- Help close the gap between compensation of RECEs working in School Board Kindergarten Classrooms compared to compensation of RECEs working in Licensed Child Care Programs.
- Help stabilize Licensed Child Care Programs by assisting Operators with staff retention
- Support greater employment and income security.
- Lanark County is responsible for managing implementation at the local level in accordance with recently released Provincial Guidelines and local Municipal Policy.
- It is up to Licensed Child Care Operators to apply for funding for all eligible staff positions.
Application for Provincial Wage Enhancement Funding - Child Care Centres & Home Visitors (2020)
Provincial Home Child Care Enhancement Grant Application Instructions - Private Home Child Care Agency (2020)
Wage Enhancement Q and A's
Lanark County Children’s Services
99 Christie Lake Rd.
Phone: (613)267-4200 ext. 2303 or 2304